As a Maintenance Mechanic at our Jefferson facility, you will be responsible for managing the preventative and predictive maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You’ll handle projects that span the spectrum of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding responsibilities. You will be responsible for the maintenance of all plant systems, which will include facilities, unloading, processing, packing and warehouse operations. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
*Must be willing to work evening/night shift*
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of plant systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, PLCs, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
- Make minor repairs on general plant machinery such as fans, blowers, conveyors, belts, mechanical and screw conveyors.
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, and program VFDs and PLC systems.
- Install and maintain switch gears, control wiring and components, over-current and overload protection for plant motors including three phase systems.
- Read, update and build electrical schematics and documentation
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 1+ year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing, technical, warehouse, industrial, military or related environment OR a two year technical degree completed