As a Maintenance Mechanic at our Jefferson facility, you will be responsible for managing the preventative and predictive maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You’ll handle projects that span the spectrum of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding responsibilities. You will be responsible for the maintenance of all plant systems, which will include facilities, unloading, processing, packing and warehouse operations. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
We are currently accepting applications for Industrial Maintenance Technicians for our production facility in Jefferson, WI, conveniently located off the Route 26 bypass south of Interstate 94 between Watertown, Janesville, and Madison. Starting pay is $30.51/hr., with a Maintenance Progression Plan that provides for increasing wages up to $35.95/hr., based on knowledge/skill demonstration and performance reviews.
These are full-time positions available with multiple shift options:
- Days from 6:00am-6:00pm, alternating two-week schedule that has 3 workdays one week and 4 workdays the next, resulting in two 3-day weekends every month and plenty of time off during the week.
- Nights from 6:00pm-6:00am, alternating two-week schedule that has 3 work days one week and 4 work days the next, resulting in two 3 day weekends every month and plenty of time off during the week.
- 8-hours of built-in overtime during your 4-day workweek.
- (2nd Shift) 2:00pm-10:00pm, 5 days per week with scheduled weekend work.
- Premium pay of 1.5x on Saturday and 2x on Sunday.
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of plant systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, PLCs, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
- Make minor repairs on general plant machinery such as fans, blowers, conveyors, belts, mechanical and screw conveyors.
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, and program VFDs and PLC systems.
- Install and maintain switch gears, control wiring and components, over-current and overload protection for plant motors including three phase systems.
- Read, update and build electrical schematics and documentation
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 1+ year of maintenance experience in a manufacturing, technical, warehouse, industrial, military or related environment OR a two-year technical degree completed